All users of the CVMS Provider Portal must log in to the portal the same way using an NCID username and password, and they all have the ability to perform certain functions such as checking in recipients, adding or editing new recipients, and logging the administration of a vaccine. Whether you are a Healthcare Provider profile user or a Location Manager profile user, the below trainings are recommended for you to be able to complete your activities within the CVMS Provider Portal.
Obtain NCID Credentials
All healthcare providers and employees who will use CVMS to manage vaccine distribution must register for NCID credentials. If you do not already have a Business NCID, go to https://NCID.nc.gov and complete the steps in the user guide below to obtain your credentials. Once you have an NCID, give your name, email address, and NCID username to your Location Manager who will then add you to the CVMS Provider Portal.
IMPORTANT: If you are employed or responsible for two or more locations for your organization, you only need to create one NCID login to access all locations. To learn more about accessing multiple locations with one NCID username, please reference the Switch Locations Job Aid.
Check In Recipients and Document Vaccination
Recipients being administered a COVID-19 vaccine may fall into one of several categories, each of which is explained in the below user guide. Healthcare providers may need to create a new recipient record, locate an existing recipient record, update a recipient's registration data, log vaccine administration details, edit vaccine administration details, or remove an erroneously entered vaccine administration from a recipient.
Within this user guide there is also information explaining how these activities differ if your location has enabled the scheduling feature within CVMS.
- Logging in to the CVMS Provider Portal and Switching Locations (for users set up with multiple location accounts)
- Check In a Recipient in the CVMS Provider Portal
- Administer the Vaccine and Document it in the CVMS Provider Portal
- Register a Recipient in CVMS at the Point of Care
- Find a Recipient in the CVMS Provider Portal
- View the Vaccination Information PDF of a Recipient
- For Scheduling-enabled CVMS Users: Search and Review Appointments Scheduled by Recipients
- For Scheduling-enabled CVMS Users: Cancel/Reschedule an Appointment Scheduled
- For Scheduling-enabled CVMS Users: Schedule 1st Dose Appointment
- For Scheduling-enabled CVMS Users: Schedule 2nd Dose Appointment
Visit the NC Vaccines Help Desk Portal.
If this is the first time you are using the NC Vaccines Help Desk Portal, select the Login button on the top right of the screen. Select 'Register' to create a Help Desk account (this is not the same as using your NCID).
Once logged in:
- Select 'Vaccine Provider'
- Select 'Get Help'
- Fill out your help ticket via the intake form
Your case will be routed to the appropriate team and you will receive an email notification with notes once the case has been resolved.
If you would like to speak with a Help Desk agent regarding your inquiry, you may reach us by calling (877) 873-6247. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.