Early Childhood Teacher: Pathways to the Profession
North Carolina is working to make it easier for aspiring and current early childhood professionals to further their professional development in Early Childhood Education (ECE) more quickly and affordably. Read our press release.
High School Students
- Begin preparing for a career in ECE with high school coursework: FE11: Early Childhood Education and EDU-119: Intro to Early Childhood Education.
- Enroll in classes at a NC Community College and get college credit at no cost through the NC Career and College Promise Program.
- Gain hands-on experience as a pre-apprentice or apprentice through Building Bright Futures and be eligible for FREE college tuition.
Early Care and Learning Teachers
Child Development Associate® (CDA) coursework now available at NO COST to North Carolina early education professionals! For details, check out the Quorum® by Teaching Strategies flyer.
NC early care and learning professionals currently employed by a licensed NC child care facility are eligible for a free Professional Development Teacher Membership from Teaching Strategies.
- Unlimited Quorum courses included with every membership
- Complete your CDA coursework with Teaching Strategies
- Over 400 hours of online coursework included
- Courses in English and Spanish
- Bilingual Help Desk available through Quorum Help
- Sponsored by the Division of Child Development and Early Education Preschool Development Grant
Sign up now to get started on your professional development journey!
Turn Your Work Experience into a Degree in Early Childhood Education!
You can now receive up to nine community college credits for your early childhood work experience through the new Credit for Prior Learning from participating NC Community Colleges. Credits can be applied toward the newly created Early Childhood Workforce Certificate, Early Childhood Education Diploma, Certificate and/or an Associate in AppliedScience (AAS) Degree in Early Childhood Education.