Introduction to NCIR
The North Carolina Immunization Registry (NCIR) is a secure, web-based clinical tool which is the official source for North Carolina immunization information. Immunization providers may access all recorded immunizations administered in North Carolina, regardless of where the immunizations were given.
To see a current list of providers using NCIR for COVID-19 vaccine documentation, review the file linked below.
NCIR Training Materials
To get started, review the appropriate roadmap and NCIR overview below to get an understanding of the overall process, then refer to on demand training content based on your role.
- Adding and Editing Historical Immunization User Guide
- Registering with NCID for the NCIR
- Logging into NCIR and Common Issues
- Searching for Clients
- Adding New Clients
- Adding and Editing New Immunizations
- Reviewing and Printing Immunization Records
- Managing Users
- Managing Clinicians and Physicians
- Efficient Ordering Processes (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Managing Vaccine Transfers (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Reporting and Returning Expired Vaccine (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Inventory Reconciliation (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Reporting Wasted Vaccine (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Managing Vaccine Orders (Non-COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Reminder Recall
- Using the Mass Vaccination (Mass Vax) for the North Carolina Immunization Registry
- Using the NCIR as a Clinical Tool
Pharmacy Training Items
If you are a pharmacy provider, please review the user guide below and complete the following assessment on how to manage COVID-19 vaccine inventory in NCIR.
Need assistance? Contact your Regional Immunization Program Consultant (RIC). The RIC Coverage Map with contact information is located on the Immunization Branch Website.
Alternately, you may submit a ticket to the NC Vaccines Help Desk Portal.
If you would like to speak with a Help Desk agent regarding your inquiry, you may reach us by calling (877) 873-6247. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.